Once your client's appointment is over, you should check out the appointment to settle the payment and mark the appointment as settled in the calendar. Thanks to that, the appointment will be accurately taken into account in the Reports section.
In order to check out an appointment:
- Find the appointment in the calendar or on the appointment list and click it.
- Verify the details and update them, if necessary. Add another service, if you've performed more than originally scheduled or adjust the start and end time.
Tip: If the client wants to book the same appointment again, you can easily schedule it by clicking the Book again button at the bottom of the page:
- If all the details are correct, click the Checkout button at the bottom.
- At this point, you can add any other services, products or gift cards, packages and memberships to your cart. To do it, click an appropriate tab in the left side menu and select the item you want to add.
- Optionally, add a discount by clicking the + button next to Discount in the cart.
- Optionally, assign the revenue and commission to staff members by clicking the Assign Sale button in the cart.
Tip: First you need to set default commission rates for staff members.
- Optionally, add product usage information by clicking the Usage button in the cart.
Tip: The only details required when filling in Usage section are product names, storage location, and quantity.
- Optionally, add a default or custom gratuity.
Tip: First you need to enable the staff tips option in Business settings > Advanced options > Point of sale & retail > Tips settings.
- If you select cash, enter the amount received.
- Click Charge.